Holy Week Events Schedule April 15- 21
- Every day at 12:00 Noon, throughout the week (April 15 – 19), we will partner with the Lansing Clergy Forum, an African American clergy association, to host hour- long services. Monday through Wednesday services will be in the chapel. Thursday and Friday services will be held in the sanctuary.
- Good Friday will be from 12:00 to 3:00, and will focus on the seven last words of Christ. (If last year is any guide, there is going to be some powerful preaching, not to mention music, that you are not going to want to miss!).
- On Maundy Thursday at 6:00 p.m., we will hold our traditional Agape meal in the Chapel. In the ancient church, people would gather regularly to share a meal. Our present day Communion Service developed out of these church family meals. With an eye toward this ancient practice of the church, in our Agape meal, the meal itself will be incorporated into the worship service, along with Communion.
- On Good Friday at 7:00 p.m., the entire congregation will participate in a dramatic reading of the Passion narrative. As the Apostle Paul reminds us, in our baptisms we descend with Jesus into the fullness of life, that we might rise with him in resurrection. Come renew your baptismal vows and bear witness on this “Friday we dare to call good.”
- Finally, Holy Week will culminate in our Easter celebration on Sunday, April 21, at 10:00 a.m. “Christ is Risen!” “He is risen indeed!” Come proclaim it with us!
April 14, 2019
October 10, 2018
August 30, 2018